Happy 2014 Everyone… I’m back!
What better excuse to start blogging again than the start of a new year, right?!?
2013 has been the most wonderful and life-changing year of my life with the birth of my daughter. Life is definitely harder as a working mom, but I’m filled with joy and gratitude every day. Of course I’m no different than the rest of you overly ambitious individuals, so I begin 2014 by thinking of all of the changes I will make this year.
As I thought about my resolutions this year, the list began like this:
Stop Being Lazy
- Cook more
- Blog more
- Work out at least 3 days/week
- Keep my house more tidy (in particular to stop throwing mail and clothes into their respective piles on the front table/bedroom floor)
- Make more time for friends
- Entertain more
Then I moved on to my more personal goals:
Be a Better Person
- Be more… thoughtful, kind, humble, friendly, happy, gracious, affectionate, etc.
- Be the best mom I can be
- Carve out quality time for my husband
- Spend more time with my grandmother
Then, realizing that I’m just a mere mortal, I moved on to…
Stop Being So Hard on Myself
- Be proud of my everyday accomplishments as a working mother
- Find balance
- Stop worrying about what others will think of me/my actions
Finally, I realized that what I really need to do in 2014 is to…
Let’s face it, I’m not Martha Stewart or Sheryl Sandberg or Mother Teresa or Wonder Woman. I’m Me, and all I can do is try my best everyday to be the best Me I can be.
So this year, my hope for all of my readers is that you make every effort to be the best version of yourself and…
Be Happy Being You!