31 Sunday Mar 2013
30 Saturday Mar 2013
Posted Decor, Entertainingin
centerpiece, chic, decor, dining, dinnerware, Easter, flatware, napkin, plates, rustic, serving utensils, shabby chic, stemware, table runner, table setting, vintage
I’m so excited to spend some quality time with my family tomorrow and enjoy an Easter feast! Not known to be the best cook in the family, I’m always responsible for setting the table.
This year I’m going for a chic, rustic, vintage vibe. Here’s what I’m thinking…
I love the look of this fringed linen napkin with the aged silverware
This table runner has an abstract print that gives it a modern feel, but the burlap base keeps it looking rustic.
Something about Easter always makes me want to combine pink and blue. These blue serving utensils will look lovely popped against the pink in the table runner!
Keeping with the vintage/rustic theme… I absolutely LOVE this pink waffle depression glass stemware!
How great is this dinnerware? It definitely helps to tie in the pink and blue color scheme.
Lastly, so as not to upset my grandmother… a little traditional easter decor
28 Thursday Mar 2013
Posted Design Poll, Organizingin
In reading one of my favorite blogs, I came across this image and had mixed feelings. I loved seeing all of the beautiful vintage pieces and the storage space looked functional, but I was left wondering if there was just too much going on.
What do you think?
26 Tuesday Mar 2013
Posted Decor, Fashion, Furniture, Shoppingin
bedding, couch, denim, duvet, floral, iPhone cover, love seat, pillow, printed denim, settee, sham, shoes, smoking slippers, sofa
It’s official, spring is here and the floral trend is definitely in bloom. Not for the color-phobic, these floral patterns are bold, busy and beautiful. With a nod to the old-world countryside, here are 6 pieces that will update your space or wardrobe and demand attention and envy.
1. Settee; Horchow | 2. iPhone Cover; Anthropologie | 3. Throw Pillow; West Elm | 4. Smoking Slipper Flats; Top Shop | 5. Duvet Cover & Sham; Ikea | 6. Printed Denim; 7 For All Mankind
Are you bold enough to give this trend a try?
10 Sunday Mar 2013
anniversary, birthday, decor, furniture, Interior design, style, trends
I can’t believe it’s been a year! Time flies when you’re having fun… and when you’re so busy that you can hardly catch your breath. I’d say this year has been a combination of the two.
That said, I’m so excited about our 1 year birthday, and thought I’d commemorate the occasion with my top 10 highlights of the year (in no particular order, of course).
1. Trend Alert: Triangles – I’m still infatuated with the 80’s triangle trend that’s successfully made a come-back into 21st Century decor
2. Go for Gold + All that Glitters is Gold Dipped
Clearly I have an obsession with gold. When done well, it is one of the most rich and classic looks around.
3. How to Accessorize Your Bedside Table – We all know that accessorizing is the key to a well-designed room. When it comes to a bedside table, it should be both beautiful and functional, and I’ve laid out all the must-haves.
4. That’s Toile Folks – In addition to amusing myself with this clever title :), I really enjoyed finding ways to incorporate this age-old pattern into modern spaces.
5. Black & White and Fab All Over
One of my earliest posts, in it I chronicle the elegance of this most timeless ‘color’ combo.
6. Hello Handsome – In a departure from my typically feminine design aesthetic, I decide to show some love to the guys. This design board contains all the elements needed to create a ‘Dapper Man Cave’.
Dreaming of living the life of luxury, or at least creating a space that feels like it? Tufted furniture is an absolute must! From headboards to foot-rests, I highlight some key pieces to incorporate into your space.
8. Trend Alert: Southwest Style – In another one of my earlier posts, I spot the Southwest design trend… and trust me it’s one that’s not going away anytime soon. This design board gives you the tools to transport the Southwest directly into your home.
9. 5 Chic DIY Dresser Makeovers – I love the idea of DIY projects… and wish I had the time to do more of them. From chevron to ombre, these dressers are great examples of DIY done right!
10. Here & Now
Truly one of my favorite additions to the site, ‘Here & Now’ is a series where I share anything and everything that inspires me, excites me, or is generally on my mind. I hope you’re enjoying it because I plan to keep it going.
Volumes: 2 | 3 | 4
Well, there you have it – my top 10 of year 1. I’m proud of what’s been done this year and looking at making year 2 even better.
Thanks for your support… xoxo
08 Friday Mar 2013
Posted Art, Decor, Entertaining, Fashion, Here & Now, Shoppingin
Educational and adorable. I completely fell in love with this piece of art and just had to buy it for the nursery.
I’m dreaming of wearing stilettos again (once I give birth and these cankles go away ;-)) This pair is classic but still make a statement.
These coasters are functional, yes… but more importantly, they are gorgeous! A perfect housewarming gift… assuming you’re not on a strict budget 🙂
I think this rug is stalking me. I see some version of it everywhere I look… in stores, on Pinterest, in magazines. It can only mean one thing… I have to have it!
01 Friday Mar 2013
Posted Decor, Fashion, Furniture, Lightingin
Looking forward to a fresh start for Spring? I know I certainly am. And, to get things started, I say try some mint! Whether I’m accessorizing an outfit or a room, I can’t seem to get enough.
Here are just a few of my picks to get you on your way to minty fresh style!
1. Watch; a-thread | 2. Wallpaper; Anthropologie | 3. Dresser; PoshTots | 4. Rug; Zinc Door | 5. Wallet; Kate Spade | 6. Lamp; Layla Grayce